heart

heart

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Matt Borczon With War In His Boot, The Cross Of Another Day, Dire Body Bags, And The Village Elders

Favorite  song



some days

this  song

is an

ace up

my sleeve

when the

war is

a loaded

gun in

my boot



and my

children’s

love is

the nail

I use

to hang

myself

up on

the cross



of another

day.



Compassion fatigue #4



see

enough

Marines

die

and

eventually

all

you

remember

is

how

hard

it

was

to

get

those

bodies

into

those

plastic

bags.


Winter in Helmand



The first

night I

saw a

group of

village elders

asleep on

the ground

no blankets

or pillows

just paper

thin robes

on a night

the wind

cut so

cold it

hurt I

think I

knew

we were

never going

to win

this war


Matthew Borczon is a poet from Erie, Pa he has written seven books of poetry so far. His new book Code 3 the prison blues is now available from Alien Buddha press. When he is not writing he is a nurse for developmentally disabled adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment